7/2/09 - A Search for Death

Enter Delasia: 12:38AM
A large open expanse was before me, it must’ve been a warehouse of some kind, but one thing was most sure: it was owned by Panera. Here I got a wage of $20 an hour to sort flour into small containers which looked like coffee filters. Rows of tables were in the building as far as the eye could see, and I was working diligently next to my partner---a school friend, Joehey Arnold. The clock didn’t seem to go fast enough, but this was obviously the ideal job---the break room had a massage chair, refrigerator and even a slide which went down to the “unknown basement”. Better yet was the fact that everyone knew me, I walked around the building and was graced by waves and greetings all along the way.
At quitting-time Joehey and I went together down the slide to an underground room, the lighting was a little dim but it had a sturdy tree in its center. Sitting under the tree we discussed future career goals which included medical research for her and “higher things” with Panera for me. After talking for a while, a man came in the room and took me with him---though not by force. Something about this person seemed very familiar, but he was completely unknown.
I then arrived at another building, also underground. There were no windows and the room I was in consisted of a series of dark hallways and very tall walls (35+ feet). There were small shrine-like exhibits built into the walls at floor level, but they had no glass to protect their contents. Rare items from American past and gold coins abounded in small trays scattered throughout the exhibits. I generously helped myself to treasures of gold and silver coins, taking also some shiny necklaces. In the side of the wall I saw a small tunnel, just large enough to fit through with my newly added mass of gold.
The hard cement cleaved my pants of fabric and began to scrape my knees as I made my way through the tunnel. I heard shouts from the other side, it sounded like a marketplace? When I got there I realized it was a garage sale, so I began to shop. Finding an item of interest, I asked the owner if he would take less for it than it was marked. The gruff-old man turned to a young boy and nodded to him, the boy ran off. “Stay There” he said, my muscled became tense.
I then saw myself through the scope of a plastic rifle, I was in the crosshairs, about 50 yards away. But what can a plastic rifle do? Regardless, it was quite evident that the young boy intended to shoot me and as I saw myself run away---the rifle’s aim followed. As much as I tried to hide, duck or run, I could not escape the keen aim of the rifle, but it was only plastic right?
Returning once again to my perspective, I saw continued to run until I saw the flash of a rifle muzzle. My heart sunk in despair as I felt the hot lead projectile blast through my body. The child laughed heartily as I fell to my knees. *Bang! Bang!* Two more shots. I died.

Termination: Sudden Awakening (Despair) 8:04AM
W:0 X:1 Y:0 Z:0 B:0 (Left hand had been applying slight pressure to forehead)








No comments:

Post a Comment