6/20/09 - Basket of Bread

Enter Delasia: 1:21AM

"I have yet to beleive that too much on one's plate is attainable, they make plates of all sizes" Noah said while reaching for another peice of bread, adding it to his growing "bread pyramid" on a very oversized plate indeed. My immediate and extended family were sitting around a large round table in the middle of a city park, enjoying an afternoon picnic.
We were "feasting" upon a large supply of bread loaves in an enormous basket which had been placed in the center of the table, but everyone had such big plates that getting close to one another at the table was nearly unthinkable. Although everyone kept taking more and more, the bread level in the basket never got any lower. Looking around me I saw that everyone had large plates filled with bread, stacked layer upon layer with the small wheat loaves taken from the middle basket. The bread abounded, but no-one ate. The basket provided generously, but no amount of bread on the plates was ever enough. The bread piles grew, but the plates simply got larger to accomodate them.

Somehow, this didn't seem right. What was going on? Without a plate in my hand, I couldn't get any bread---nor did I want any after seeing so much of it.

Termination: Sounds Heard from Upstairs 8:10
W:5 X:1 Y:0 Z:2

No comments:

Post a Comment