6/16/09 - An Operation in Wacko Desert

Enter Delasia: 12:38PM

"Test, Test, Test! That is what we must do" the doctor muddled to himself as he paced around the examination table in the dark hospital research lab room. A team of doctors and nurses were perplexed as they watched a cat fly around the room, one uttered "Why does this kitty have supernatural abilities, it just doesn't make sense?" All the doctors had oxygen masks on, for the airtight room was to be filled with a tranquilizer fog. The purpose of today's operation was to control a small white cat from flying around the room as it was. I sat in the observation room watching the the dark colored fog slowly purge throughout the room, taking notes on the body temperature and respirations of the cat transmitted through a small computer that the doctors managed to put around it's neck before it started soaring around.. The cat was obviously deeply affected and was slowly sedated, a far cry from it's crazy bounds and leaps only a moment earlier.. Eventually, it lost it's grasp of the hanging ceiling light it had befriended and landed on the paded table with a whoosh, order was then restored to the hospital room. The operation began, but the cat vanished, "Uh oh, here we go again" mumbled one doctor under his oxygen mask, nobody was happy and they started to look at me... as if I had caused this to happen?

The sun then beat down on me heavily, I had been lying face-down in the middle of a desert. Mountains ranges encircled me, but in the distance I saw a small wooden shack---it was mine! Was I banished into this wasteland by the doctors for making some kind of mistake? The answer eluded me, but picking up my limited belongings which had been scattered throughout the sand, I continued on my way. With a straw hat on my head, I made it to the shack, where I cooked a peice of corn over the open fire. (All of which was all prepared, as if someone else was living there?) But I had nothing to drink, so I wasn't content.
But then before me appeared another shack, it was falling apart and had no roof. However, through a broken window I saw a well! Leaping to my feet, I began my hike over to the other building, despite it's obvious state of dissaray. My pace slowed as I saw an old woman emerge from the building. She was obviously tired from living in the desert for so long, but seeing me she invited me inside---a relative term considering her shack was missing a good chunk of it's walls. I began to pump the well and she drew the water, which was very thick like a syrup. Moreover it had countless dark particles in it, which she tried to sift out with a tea strainer. Thirsty to the point of drinking anything, I quickly downed the thick water and returned the shiny metal cup it was in. "What's going on with the water?" I asked. "It's been like that since the coal miners overtook those hills, all the runoff from the blastwater gets into my wells" she responded.
A mighty wind arose and the golden sand around us was quickly coated with a layer of black dust from the hills. "It's charred air" she said. This just can't be healthy. I thought to myself. In the distance I saw the silouettte of a large caravan coming our way. There were camels and people too! What were they coming here for?!

Termination: Alarm Clock - 8:00AM
W:4 X:1 Y:0 Z:4

No comments:

Post a Comment