6/17/09 - A Fortunate Hostage

Enter Delasia: 11:43PM
I could see nothing. The room I was in was completely dark, but my other sensory indicated this was not a good place to be. A rope had been bound around my hands and my face was resting on the cold stone floor. What a gloomy place! The room smelt like rain on wet pavement and it was very humid indeed. “Am I alone?” someone said. “No, I’m here too” I replied wearily. “Come over to me” said the voice, which was too soft to be a man’s. I went toward the sound and bumped into another figure in the darkness. She wrapped her unbound arms around me and whispered “I’m Cecil, stay still”. I was a little perplexed at her embrace in these strangest of times until I realized she was going for my ropes! I had to get closer to her, for as she reached for my hands, which were bound around my back, chains around her feet prevented her from coming close enough to untie me. Stepping a little closer, we were in a perfect communication position. (That’s all I could think at the moment) “Any luck with your chains?” I asked. “Please give it a try when I untie you, the metal really hurts” she responded.
A little longer and I was free of my ropes! But it wasn’t a moment later that a door opened at the far side of the room. As light filled the room from the outside, I noticed a silhouette approaching Cecil and I. He flipped on the light switch and I was blinded by its brightness, but Cecil wasn’t---she was an elf! I could hear his footsteps approaching and considering the circumstances, this was probably not a friendly guy. “There is a star tome in the middle of the room, turn around and press it quickly!” She whispered. Without wasting time, I turned exactly around and tried to open my eyes which were still trying to adjust. I barely made it to the star in the center of the room, and touched it. The star then blinked; and the man, who I could now see was very large and heavy built. He seemed very upset with me, and this is not the kind of guy you want angry at you. (I was no longer bound by ropes and I had pressed the mysterious star)
“How did you get out” he demanded. “The wheelbarrow” I said. Being very confused, he began to look around the room, but there was no wheelbarrow. “KAPOW!” A cement wall was smashed to pieces by a small pink character… it was Kirby! Kirby took the evil man away, and left a key for me to unlock Cecil. After setting her free, I ventured outside and noticed that the room was in the middle of a prairie? “Take care and come to my land soon!” said Cecil, who also left the room and sprinted away.
I then found myself in the middle of 3000 kids at the FLY convention in Colorado, forced to give a 20 second “funny-mercial”, a fake commercial which advertises nothing… Simply to get people to laugh. “And now, here’s your host with the latest funny-mercial” I heard over the speakers in the meeting hall. I was lost in a big crowd, but turned on my microphone and started making up something about “Super Awesome Buns”. It was kinda like a rap and the people around me were roaring with laughter, then I realized---I wasn’t the host and they didn’t put my microphone through to the main speakers… Bummer!
A speaker got up to say something, but I woke up before he could finish.
Termination: Alarm Clock 8:00AM
W: 5 X:1 Y:0 Z:4

No comments:

Post a Comment