6/22/09 - Concert Blackout

Enter Delasia: 1:25AM

One last sound check. Good to go! I felt every nerve in my body tingling as the backstage soundboard guy gave me the "thumbs up"---the concert was about to begin. I walked through a dense fog toward the front of the stage, all the while regretting what was about to take place; a long time basement artist going live for his first show. The uncontrollable buzz from the crowd felt like the rush before a risky move, What am I up against here?

The spotlight hit me like a bolt of lightning as I struck my first chord and the electric music sensation filled the arena. Time to shine. Stepping up to the microphone, I let my voice go where it wanted to, and that it did! I didn't know the words I was singing, but recognized them once they were off my lips. It was a song about the true meaning of love and was obviously a crowd favorite? They were singing along---a choral echo of my very words nearly shaking the building, which was packed to the brim. (It was $0.00 admission! Sweet!)

All seemed to be going well, until everything went black. The power went out somehow and nothing worked at all, not even the big screen which had video footage running on it. I felt so ashamed, until he came. A mysterious man grabbed a massive megaphone and shouted something magical to the crowd. They cheered and cheered eventually to the point of flooding the stage. What did he say? Whatever it was, somehow he got all the people to start a slow clap at the same time---and when they got to the end, the power returned. I continued my song and finished the concert, which seemed to go rather quickly from there.

After it was over, I went walking around---trying to find that mysterious figure who saved the concert, but he had vanished. I owed him so much, but it was something I could never repay. The concert was over, but everyone brought sleeping bags and was staying at the stadium for a big slumber-party with around 10000 people.

Termination: Alarm Clock - 9:00AM
W:0 X:1 Y:0 Z:4 B:1 (Left)

No comments:

Post a Comment