6/12/09 - A Day of Desolation and Suffering

Enter Delasia: 11:30PM
I walked around in a busy marketplace, looking for the perfect item---the one I needed, it was important. The looks of the people were downcast, nobody seemed happy to be alive. (Were they alive at all?) Men walked down the street with ragged clothes and saddened looks. I was on a mission, as the Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa, my college’s honors society; it was my role to find the Charbroiled Rope. Its purpose unknown, but this was indeed a legendary item. As hard as I looked in the marketplace surrounded with stalls and stores with colorful signs and sad people, I couldn’t seem to find it, everyone simply directed me to another store. After becoming upset with my failure I headed back to Normandale Community college where preparations were underway for our honors society’s regional convention. There I sat at the executive board table, surrounded by peers of mine from Phi Theta Kappa, forced to give a report of my findings in the marketplace. The room was dimly lit and everyone had business suits on? When it was my turn to speak, words didn’t (and couldn’t) come from my mouth and so I was ashamed. Someone else took the opportunity to share what their plans were for projects around school in the upcoming year.

A wasteland was then before me as the college faded from view, with a street of houses on the right and nothing but loose dirt on the left---as far as the eye could see. I met Tim King, an elder of our church, in the middle of the street. We were to go to a bonfire somewhere in the wasteland. After getting a shovel and large boots, I left without him and started my own trek across. Upon reaching the site about ½ mile in, I dug a very large hole and put all the dirt in the center of the hole. Magically, the dirt in the center turned to fire. My family and a couple people that I didn’t know came to sit around the fire at this time and the dirt in the wasteland turned to snow. When my brother arrived, he showed everyone how to dig holes with their body, so they all did and there we stayed two days, but it passed in what seemed to be seconds!

We then explored the upstairs of a house, for we were only in the basement this entire time. After climbing the stairs and entering into a grand hallway, I found no-one and left. Outside I found Kat Otto, a friend of mine from the China trip. We went around a maze with no walls, it was nothing but wide open prairie, but we couldn’t exit or step off the dirt path we both stood on. After circling the maze 3 times, I found a fountain and a key within. Taking the key, I then found myself inside a dark room with dim purple lights.

I couldn’t see the walls of the room for the purple lights, which stood upon stands in the center of the room, pointed only to the sky. (The room had no ceiling) Somehow I knew that these lights were communicating with another world. My limited possessions were here at the church, for this is where I lived---but I couldn’t find my room!? Out of the darkness came a familiar face, that of my father. He told me that “This place will soon be no more, I must go now. A bomb is set for 10 minutes, electronic destruction will overtake our church.” Immediately the place was illuminated, I was standing in the middle of the fellowship hall at Faith Lutheran Church in Shakopee. Running down the hallway as fast as I could, I alerted my family of the impending danger. They left right away, but I stayed for something? Going into the sanctuary, I saw people practicing music. I saw familiar faces, but something inside me told me that I shouldn’t tell them about the bomb! How could this be? When I opened my mouth to tell them, nothing but gibberish came out.About to leave, I stood at the back of my church, overcome by the devastation that would take place here.

Someone then approached me, a friend from youth group KJ. Wearing a white dress, she came up to me and said “What troubles you?” I didn’t respond. I gave her a hug as if she was the last person I would ever see again, she kissed me and a strong relief came over me---I could once again speak plainly! I feared for her life so I told her to go to Normandale Community College, immediately. She agreed and I left through the big front doors, looking back to see her standing there as if she had something more she wanted, but I had to go.

I hopped into the van and saw my entire family there. I couldn’t stop thinking: what a remarkable bonding experience! We started driving down the road. With only a couple sleeping bags and limited food, we went to the closest Burger King we could find. Naomi’s phone rang, it was KJ calling---but before she could answer I awoke from my sleep to the sound of my alarm clock. It was 7:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment